Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Wan Dew It!

And that's just how she says it. Collins said her first full sentence a few days ago and in pure 4th child fashion it was "I wanna do it!" (Insert hard shove to Jeb's shoulder and a push off the chair.) She's never lacked confidence.
Collins is doing great. We've had two visits to the International Adoption Clinic here in Birmingham and I think if they passed out grades she would be an "A" student. All of her immunizations were up to date and there were no surpises with her labs or physical exam. She's 50% in height on US charts which is kind of weird (she's tall) and about 30% for weight (she doesn't miss a meal just like her momma.) Attachment and bonding wise they said where she is after a month of being with us they normally don't see until children have been home after 6 months or so. Apparently, God thinks I'm a wimp and can't handle much because comparatively she's been an "easy one."
On a day to day practical level, life is getting much easier. I don't even notice that she speaks Chinese anymore. It takes me a minute to figure out why the cashier in Target is staring at her so intently as she sings Wheels on the Bus in Chinese. I was able to leave her with my mom the other day while I ran to Wal-Mart for about an hour. You would have thought I had gone to Hawaii for a months vacation. Mornings are so much easier. She doesn't wake up and attach to my leg. She'll go play with Jeb or watch cartoons in the other room! Gasp!
Jerod and I have watched her fit right in with our family. We laugh and are in shock that they make Sinclair's in China; she's definately one of us.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful Collins is doing SO well! I think they were loved SO good in China, their transition has been great. Jing is the same way. Love all your pictures especially the last one. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to hear it...she is a cutie:) Glad you were encouraged by your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you girl is an A student! She is really darling.

    ReplyDelete