Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Magic" by E.t.H.a.N

I've been stalking The National Vias Center now for 2 solid weeks. I've always heard really nightmare stories about them too. So everytime I call my heartrate goes up and I am praying that they don't take all my paperwork and either burn it or put it at the bottom of the pile. I mean do these people know the power they have in their hands?

I called this morning (9/9) and was hopeful. It was my day and I was sure of it. The sweet, sweet girl on the phone asked me the normal battery of ID questions and then says how can I help you? Please God, let her tell me that I've been cabled. "Just wanted to know if I had been cabled yet?" "Nope. Looks like not yet. Call back tomorrow." Really? Again, call back tomorrow?! I hung up and not once since the day we got Collins referral have I cried until now. I think the helplessness is just overwhelming at time. Well, and the fact that I had talked to my baby girl just the night before. Seen her eat breakfast and smile and stare at goofy white people who are telling her they love her.

Finally, the mama bear came out of me and I was caling back. And I was calling back and talking to a supervisor! When I finally ask for a supervisor she reluctantly says yes, puts me on hold and for 3 minutes nothing. I'm praying the whole time and honestly praying for a man to answer. The reality is that women really think that women should just get over it and suck it up. I've found that they are much less sympathetic.

When the phone picks up, I hear just what I wanted too...Ethan. Well, I wasn't waiting on Ethan, but a man. I tell hime that I am sorry. I'm not really a crier but it was his lucky day to get long stories and tears. I make a joke about everyone being scared of NVC and thinking that everyone there is named Helga. He laughs! These people are human! Ethan turns out to be an angel. Really. So nice and helpful. Tells me to call him back in the afternoon. well, duh, was going to anyway. Call back. Cable done. AND he's emailing me a copy of the letter. Ah-mazing! I told him that everytime I think of our NVC cable letter I'll think of him and sing "Magic" by B.o.B. in my head, but I think Ethan has the NVC magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment