Wednesday, September 1, 2010

They Always Look the Same

I have never seen a picture of a child in a Chinese orphanage smiling. And even though I know that's the "norm," it still breaks my heart every time.

We got new pictures of Collins last night and while such a blessing to get them, they always make me sad. There is this very quiet, deep sadness in her face. I try and tell myself that maybe shes sad about the terrible boy haircut she has or the dindgy clothes or maybe she's never seen a camera before. But the loss she has experienced at just two years old shows in her eyes. The beautiful part though is that God is and will continue to redeem her tragic beginning. She has two parents that are already dedicated to her in every way, brothers and sisters that wait for her everyday, and a God that loves her more than she can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment