Thursday, September 9, 2010

QQ is the Chinese Skype

I would have told you to in a very Elaine type way told you to "Get out!" if you had told me that I was going ot be QQing with Collins yesterday. Life is fun because you just never know.

So, Doctor Li had told me how to get a QQ account so we could video chat with Collins. I signed up, got my log in ID of 1 billion something and "friended" him. Last night I was cooking and this noise comes out of my computer and it's Dr Li and he says Collins is in his lap and ready to video chat....uhhhh, well, didn't realize that I didn't have a camera so off to Wal-Mart.

Came back, installed and who knew, they were stilll there. He sat her down in this chair and there she was staring at us. Weird. I was laughing and claping my hands and I know she was a little freaked out. She ate her breakfast, played with a toy, smiled, laughed, waved. It was amazing. There she was. In real time. Halfway around the world. In the most run down orphanage ever, but so well loved. I mean this is unheard of. Maybe if a child is in foster care you can Skype with them, but not in an orphanage.

Dr Li showed us his office, we chatted about how he thought this would be great to do with all the families. How hw loved the videos we sent Collins of our family. I really doubt that Dr Li is a Christian, but he has a very tender heart for these children. God is sweet to allow us to have this experience!

Towards the end, he got her to talk a little. She even said mama. She has the softest, sweetest little voice which surprised me for some reason. We decided we would QQ again in a few days. Can't wait!

1 comment: