Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bye, Bye.

I had forgotten that we had this video. After watching it, I remember asking Jerod to get Collins waving bye bye, but didn't know how much else he got.


There's nothing all that impressive in this video except for Collins saying such a sweet goodbye. Nonetheless, the video says a lot. It gives you a great feel for where Collins has spent the past 2 1/2. The bell ringing for lunch, the disabled people all around and even the dreariness of the day all come together to give you a snap shot of life for these kids. Really, the only "colorful" things we saw there were the kids playroom and playground.


As we walk out, you can see the red brick building that was the original orphanage. It's amazing to me that God still blesses today what was done years ago. These children are a testimony to that. Outside of the mercy and protection of God, there's no explanation for how they leave the orphanage as un-scarred and healthy
as they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp4gljSl3g


1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful!!! I have let Jing watch all of them and she is so serious watching them. Se touched the screen when she saw the playground. It tears my heart out to watch them... that she lived there for three years~ most of which I didn't even know her and then when I did, I couldn't wait to get there. SO thankful to have her in my arms and oh so thankful for you all for getting the video we now have of their home there. Bless you!!!
    XO
    Sharon and JingJing

    ReplyDelete