Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You Know That 10 Foot Wall In Front of You?

Well, I've hit it. I am so tired and emotionally spent. All I want is a Milo's cheeseburger and I don't even like Milo's. I have so much to tell you all but don't think I have it in me to write it all right now. We leave in 2 hours to go catch another flight to Guangzhou, too. But, I wanted to post some new pictures of what's going on in our Chinese world. Collins is doing great though. In fact, I titled our pictures from today "Mini Me"....where I go, she goes. I'll write more soon but, until then, here's a glimpse into our day.

Jerod and Collins playing Playdoh



Us on the train











The bulidings around West Lake right outside our hotel

The amusement park across the lake. This is Marine World which was actually pretty cool. The seal show was surprisingly impressive!

7 comments:

  1. praying for you sweet friend... "let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us...Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in...Heb 12:1(amp),2 (msg)---many hugs, prayers and much love! Hang in there....Love Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every single word and picture and SO know how you are feeling... it is pure will to do what you have to do. You will be in complete style when you make it to The Garden~ please tell me who your guide is... we had Aron and she was so sweet too! I showed EK the pictures and she loved the ones of Marine World... she said, "It was on the water?" funny what you think they know but have to see from a complete different perspective. So praying you to Guangzhou and a GOOD night's sleep!!! We were on the 15th floor~ 1528. :) Anyway... I am so thankful Collins is doing SO well!!! I second the scripture from Jennifer~ put your eyes on Jesus!!!
    Blessings friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give yourself some grace. Collins doesn't need supermommy - she needs YOU (exhausted and all). Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life will more Western and American when you hit Guanzhou. Collins is a BEAUTIFUL little girl. Love the updates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil already posted for us, but I wanted to, too! Collins looks like she has broken through that first few days grief. We usually see a significant difference after 3 days. Ya'll look happy, despite the tiredness. Oh, I wish I could do the Guanzhou shopping with you! Hang in there. Still praying for you all.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and your family.
    " The Lord, is my strength and my song." Isaiah 12:2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Collins is so dear and looks so comfortable with you both. I see she still loves her yellow crocks.

    ReplyDelete